Harissa is well known as a feisty, aromatic spice blend that’s used a lot in Tunisian cuisine. It’s found often in Moroccan, Algerian and North African cuisines.
Our Savour and Spice blend can be used simply as a dry rub for meats or vegetables, or can be added to equal parts oil and water with a squeeze of lemon to make a beautiful quick Harissa paste.
- 1tsp of tomato paste
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1tbsp. of olive oil to 1 tbsp. of Harissa (add more olive oil to get a consistency you like)
- Plain yoghurt to help reduce some of the heat (to taste)
Other ideas include:
- Pat it onto lamb kebabs or meat patties as its hint of mint is a perfect match
- Add it to chickpea and eggplant dishes as the perfect partner
- Toss it through a couscous or pilaf dish for a flavour bomb!
- Add to taste to meat stews, tagines and soups.
- Sprinkle on vegetable wedges such as pumpkin, kumara (sweet potato), potato etc with a little olive oil before baking
Order our Savour and Spice Harissa today, you won't regret it! Click here to add to cart